There is no doubt that getting a massage makes you feel great. Even having a deep tissue sports massage makes you feel wonderful afterward. Massage can relieve stress, help you recover from strenuous physical activity or injury, and even reduce anxiety, but can it help you achieve your weight loss goals?
Research shows that massage can have a positive effect on your muscle-building abilities and fitness levels, which in turn increases your ability to control or lose weight.
Healthy, strong muscles burn calories and give you the freedom to participate in all kinds of sports and activities that can help you burn excess calories and improve your overall fitness and well-being.
Massage has the following benefits that can directly influence your ability to control or lose weight:
1. Massage has been shown to improve circulation and nourish muscles. The massage increases the exchange of vital substances between the blood and the cells of the tissues, which increases the metabolism of the tissues. After exercising the muscles, they must be supplied with vital nutrients so that they can recover and rebuild. Massage maximizes the supply of these nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow, which helps the muscles grow and, as a result, burn more calories.
2. Massage improves your muscle range of motion and flexibility. This allows them to maintain maximum power and performance while active, and burn the maximum amount of calories in the process.
The improved range of motion and flexibility also reduces muscle soreness during periods of muscle recovery and repair.
Having a wide range of motion and maximum muscle flexibility also reduces the risk of injury during exercise that can severely limit activity, exercise, and weight loss progress.
3. Massage helps shorten the necessary recovery time between your workouts. Waste products like lactic and carbonic acid build up in muscles during and after exercise. Increasing circulation to these muscles helps to eliminate the accumulation of toxic waste caused by these waste products and, by doing so, shortens recovery time.
The shorter recovery time means that you can safely have more workouts over a given period of time, which in turn means that you have the opportunity to burn more total calories in your effort to achieve your individual weight loss goals.
4. Massage can also help reduce the chance that you will over-train. The massage has a relaxing effect on the muscles and a sedative effect on the nervous system. By helping you rest, which is a very important element of any exercise program, massage can reduce the likelihood that you will experience overtraining syndrome, which is known to limit your ability to build strong and healthy muscles and therefore lose weight with maximum efficiency.
5. In addition to all of the above, massage can directly help you lose fat. According to some research studies, it is believed that massage can burst the fat capsule in the subcutaneous tissue so that the fat exudes and is absorbed. In this way, combined with proper nutrition and exercise, massage can help you lose weight.
6. As we have already mentioned, massage helps prevent and heal injuries. By stretching connective tissue, massage improves circulation to help prevent or undo adhesions and scar tissue that result from muscle tears and other common muscle injuries. Massage also influences the excretion of certain fluids (nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur) that help in tissue repair. Quick and effective recovery from injuries means you can start exercising before injury and get your weight loss back on track.
So there you have it. Massage has many benefits that can indirectly and possibly even directly help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Regular massage is as important a component as regular workouts and correct nutrition in any comprehensive fitness and weight loss program, which is great news for those of us who think that exercising and losing weight was hard work. . Remember, weight loss is about leading a balanced lifestyle and massage is an essential part of any balanced lifestyle.
If you haven’t had a massage lately, what are you waiting for? Get on the phone and make a reservation. If you haven’t had a massage before, remember to have a qualified masseuse do it.
If you are unsure about the qualifications and experience of a masseur, ask for references, professional training information, and make sure they are certified by an accredited agency or institution.
And remember, have fun!