What is Paypal?
Simply put, PayPal is an online payment processor that allows anyone or business with an email address to send and receive payments safely and easily using a bank account, credit card, debit card, or stored balance. Your privacy is always safe, as this security is a built-in feature of using the system. At no time will the seller or seller meet personally with the financial details.
How to set up a PayPal account
1. The first thing to do is visit PayPal.com. Regardless of the country you are in, PayPal will read your IP address (which is your online address assigned by your network) and automatically put the location of your country in the correct PayPal web address.
2. At the top of the screen, you will see “Register”, “Sign in”, “Help” and “Security Center”. You must click on the text “Register”. I almost forgot. If you are a business and want to open a business account, you will need to click on the “business tab” immediately below the menu options I just mentioned. The questions to register are similar, but for the sake of this article we will assume that you want to register as an individual. (I wrote a separate article when registering as a company.
3. If you pressed the text “Register”, you will be automatically registered in the “Personal” tab, which is completely free and allows you to send and receive funds as long as they come from another PayPal account and not from a credit card. .
4. The next screen simply confirms which country you are registering from and what type of account you would like to register for, Personal, Premier or Business. In the first instance, click on the drop-down menu and find the country you live in, then in the personal box, click on the “Get Started” button.
5. The next screen will ask you for some personal information such as email address, choose a password, first name, last name, etc. Fill in these details accurately.
Notes for choosing a password
As additional notes on choosing a password, I advise you to choose one that you do not use elsewhere. That is, banking access to the Internet or access to the forum. The reason for this is that it is easy for people to hack into your account simply by guessing that you will probably use the same password that you use for other accounts. If you use a completely new one for PayPal, it is virtually impossible for someone to guess your password. A combination of letters and numbers is always best. It’s easier for people to guess the names you can use, but guessing the names and numbers you could use in combination is impossible for them.
6. The next step is to protect your credit or debit card details with PayPal. This information will be vital later on, as you will be able to operate much faster with this information stored in PayPal. You will be asked for more security details later, but for now just choose the appropriate option here.
8. As long as you have entered all the correct details on the previous page, this page will ask you to confirm your registration by checking your email. This is a security process that eliminates spam and people who register fraudulently.
9. Once you have confirmed by email, you will be forwarded to PayPal and this time you will be asked to “log in” with the email address you provided above and your password.
10. You are now on the account screen. You have several options open to you, such as sending money, requesting money and business services, etc. Play with some of the tabs to familiarize yourself with and get to know them.